An introduction to vibration tests
An introduction to vibration tests & systems
Duration: 2 days.
- An overview of a Vibration test system and fitting it to a spec
- Knowing the technical acronyms used in this field
- Tests profiles – Sine, Random and Shock – what are they and what are they good for
- Understanding and changing an existing test spec
- Kurtosis – a new method of testing
- Accelerometers – important characteristics
To whom this course is intended:
- Those who are new to vibration testing field.
- Those who are already deal with vibration test systems and wish to gain more knowledge.
- Those who are responsible with the preparation of test specifications.
- Those who are developing & manufacturing products that needs to be tested under a vibration tests.
- Those who are intend to purchase a vibration test system.
Reasons to do vibration tests
Damage caused by vibration
Vibration test system overview:
Parameters that affect the selection of a shaker
Sine test profile:
Distance, Frequency and acceleration calculations
Sine graph explanation
Scanning – according time or Octave/Decimal
Random test profile:
Random Vs Sine
Determine amplitude and other points on a Random graph
Meaning of the slopes in the graph
Finding the needed level of Grms
DOF and allowed tolerances
Amplitudes and times changing on an existing graph
A new method implementing Random test profile – Kurtosis
Classical Shock test profile:
Mil-std 810 shock experiments
Time and distance calculations
Vibration adapters, head expanders and various fixtures
1) At the end of the course each candidate will receive a certificate
2) payment covers the following – learning tuition, hardcopy course manual, 2 lunches, morning and afternoon refreshments.